St. Catherine’s Night Shelter for Women & Children
Saint Catherine’s Shelter for Women and Children is an offsite night shelter managed by the Community Kitchen. Residents must be referred to the shelter by a program. There are eight beds available to shelter residents. Staff Coordinators open the shelter and are on call during the night, but rely on volunteers to spend the night.
- Individuals to act as Overnight Hostesses – Volunteer to arrive between 5:30PM and 5:45PM and stay overnight with the shelter residents. Hosts are committed from 5:30PM to 6:30AM the next day
- Staff Coordinator will discuss rules of shelter, and go over any pertinent information pertaining to clients
- Volunteer will be responsible for supervising residents, and should contact the coordinator in the event residents fail to abide by the rules
- Volunteer ensures that clients are up in time to leave the shelter by 6:30AM
- Individuals or Groups to stock the refrigerator and shelves with food
- Linens and Bedding (towels, sheets, pillows, etc.)
- Foods (perishable and non-perishable)
- Toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Light bulbs
- Cleaners (laundry detergent, disinfectants, etc.)